Monday, October 27, 2008

Today

Isabelle and I braved the cold today to run errands. I was trying to work my list for the week, some of which didn't get done. I promised Ellie I would join her for lunch... a treat for both of us. She perked up as I walked through the gym door where her classmates were already eating. She must have told everyone I was coming. One friend shouted, "There she is Ellie!" She was proud to lead me over to the special table where parents sit. I knew I made Ellie's day.

I am preparing for two trips coming up this week. Bill leaves for Chicago tomorrow and will return on Thursday -- yes, another business trip. We will then head to Hot Springs, AR on Friday to join several married couples (our church's annual Married's Retreat). I must say I have been looking forward to this weekend get-away for some time now... just Bill and I (and well Isabelle). Ellie and Amelia will be staying with PawPaw & Mimi.

Footnote: Isabelle enjoys the baby swing now and has been known to catch a few naps in it. :)

No comments: