Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

With one clap of thunder all five of us were in bed together. I inched over to find a 'better' spot; it was 5 am. Somewhere in between going in & out of sleep, Amelia asked her typical morning question, "Where's Daddy?" I gave my usual response, "He's at work". Today the girls and I are home in honor of Good Friday.

Ellie & Amelia were thrilled to pull out their Easter baskets; goodies from previous years tucked away in the attic. "Oh, remember this Mama?" Ellie held up a pink fuzzy bunny with floppy ears. I knew we were making memories. Little did she know this particular bunny was a gift when she was a newborn in the hospital. Has it already been six years? I sat there in the floor with them immersed in my own memories, giggling in the background.

The girls decided to take their adventures outside and hide Easter eggs. I watched undetected from the window as they took turns counting & hunting. After some time I came back to the window again, only to find both sitting on blankets of Isabelle's spread out across the patio!

I've boiled eggs in anticipation of dying & decorating them for tomorrow. This is a project that requires PawPaw & Aunt Janet. All three girls are down for a nap now. How did I manage that? Some quiet time to retreat to myself.

No comments: