Friday, August 21, 2009

Starting 1st Grade

After searching the house over for my SD card & coming up empty (it must be at work), I've decided to sit down and post our first week of school. That's right, no pictures for now. Check back later. Monday started early as the girls and I got up to begin Ellie's first day of 1st grade. I still hesitate when saying 1st grade. We had already visited Ellie's class and met her teacher, Ms. Ford last week at Harding's "Meet the Teacher". I could tell Ellie was nervously excited to get the day underway. She sat quietly in the back seat of the truck as the two of us headed to school. Me just chattering away in attempts to settle her uneasiness. I walked her to class in the Elementary Building where there was a hustle of parents, teachers, and students. The Elementary Building (new to us) houses 1st through 6th grade. This was a big step for Ellie. There was Ms. Ford ready to greet us with a smile and 22 other students. Ellie managed to make it through her day. The second day was even better. Each day Ellie comes home with something new to share.

No comments: